Write a review
- 2 pounds of walleye filets
- 2C flour
- ½ box finely crushed Saltines or crushed Corn Flakes
- 6 eggs
- 1t pepper
- 1t salt
- 2C Canola oil
- Scramble the eggs in a bowl.
- Place Saltines or Corn Flakes in a separate bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to the flour in a third bowl.
- Place the Canola oil in a sauté pan over a high heat.
- First dip both sides of the fish in the flour mixture.
- Then dip both sides of the fish in the egg mixture.
- Last, dip both sides of the fish in the Saltines or Corn Flakes.
- Carefully place the fish in the pan. It should crackle and sizzle.
- Brown the fish on both sides.
- Serve with vegetables or rice.
- Box: Here’s an idea for fun if your kids are not big fish lovers. Put a little maple syrup on the fish before serving! The crunch plus the syrup will make them smile! My kids always called for more. I bet the little ones in your family will too.
- This is my own favorite recipe and a MN favorite. You might want to try substituting saltines for finely crushed Corn Flakes. Both ways will knock your socks off!
Kosher Cuisine http://cantormitch.com/