Vegetarian Egg Rolls
These are so easy to do! Why do Jewish people love Chinese food so much?
Write a review
- Egg roll wraps (available at the grocery store)
- ½C finely chopped celery
- 5 finely chopped scallions
- ½C chopped water chestnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1T cut ginger
- 2T sugar
- ¼C vegetable stock
- 1C shredded cabbage
- ½C soy sauce
- Olive oil
- ½t salt
- 2T flour
- Sweet/sour sauce, mustard and/or Ranch dressing for dipping
- For the filling: Combine celery, scallions, water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, sugar, vegetable stock, shredded cabbage and soy sauce.
- Put 5T olive oil in a skillet pan.
- Add the chopped mixture.
- Sauté until brown.
- Let mixture cool.
- Spread out each egg roll wrap and place approximately 4 T filling in the center of each. Fold the filled wraps like an envelope, sealing the last flap with a paste of 4 T cold water, flour, and salt.
- Fill a sauté pan with oil about 1 inch deep and fry the egg rolls until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet/sour sauce, soy sauce, mustard, or even ranch dressing!
Kosher Cuisine http://cantormitch.com/