Stuffed Mushrooms Florentine
BOX: To keep your meal Kosher, you will not mix dairy products with meat. If you make Stuffed Mushrooms Florentine as a starter and make an entree made with meat, use parve margarine (non dairy) and garnish with diced parsley. If you make Stuffed Mushrooms Florentine as a starter and make a dish containing dairy products, or fish, you can use butter or margarine containing dairy products and garnish with parmesan cheese. Olive oil can be used with either dairy or meat.
Write a review
- 8-10 large mushrooms
- ½C diced onion
- 2C chopped spinach
- 1T salt
- 1T pepper
- 1T garlic powder
- 1C Italian bread crumbs or rice
- ½C butter, parve margarine or olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Place the mushroom caps on a pre-buttered cookie sheet.
- In a sauté pan, combine margarine, the mushroom stems, onions, spinach, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian bread crumbs.
- Sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Put the mixture in a blender and pulse a few times until it is firm but smooth. Do not over do the pulse!
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- You can substitute rice for the bread crumbs in the stuffing. It’s all good!
Kosher Cuisine http://cantormitch.com/