Oriental String Beans
Write a review
- 1 lb fresh string beans with the ends pulled off.
- 1 small can water chestnuts or bamboo shoots
- 6 T soy sauce
- 4T teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pt margarine
- 1/2 lime
- Start by prepping the string beans, taking off the ends. Open your can of water chestnuts or bamboo shoots and drain.
- Add 1/pt of margarine to an already warm pan and melt. Add the beans bamboo shoots or water chestnuts, sauté for 2 minutes then add soy and teriyaki sauce, sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the juice of 1/2 lime. Sauté for an additional minute. You should be stirring or flipping the beans on a high heat every 30 seconds. They should be served aldente, which means firm and should have a crunch to them
- It takes practice to flip veggies. Start with margarine or a little oil in a pan, just a few veggies...now use your wrist pushing forward with a snap! Circle back to you, raising the pan just a bit. In a short time you will look like a pro and empress your friends and family.
Kosher Cuisine http://cantormitch.com/