Write a review
- 2 pie shells
- 1 red pepper
- 2-3 small zucchinis
- 1/2 lb shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 pt half and half
- 1pt sour cream
- 10 eggs
- 1T garlic powder
- 1t Thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 pint margarine
- 1T Cumin
- Begin by cutting into small chunks the zucchini and red pepper. Put into a small sauté pan and add 4-6 T margarine. Sauté over high heat for 2 minutes. Take ingredients from sauté pan, put it into a bowl to save. Pre heat oven to 350.
- Take 10 eggs, crack them into a large bowl, add 1 pt half & half, 1 pt sour cream, 1 T garlic, 1t Thyme, & whisk aggressively until the mixture is uniform and has a small froth.
- Add salt & pepper and taste.
- Let's now put your veggies in the pie molds separating equally and do the same with the shredded Havarti cheese. Now fill up each pie mold 1/2 way with your egg batter.
- Even out the veggies, cheese and egg batter in the pie mold. Then add the rest of the egg batter almost to the top, and put you're quiche in for 20-25 minutes. Check on them every 10 minutes. You know they're done when the top rises over the pie shell like a small dome.
- When they are finished, take them out to cool. Let them cool for 5-7 minutes and cut and dig in!
- You can compliment this meal for breakfast with toast, or for lunch with a salad of Romaine tomatoes and cucumber, or spinach, strawberries and blueberries. For dinner you can use wild rice, with pistachio of sliced almonds.
- Now, if you don't have a whisk, to still your egg batter, or don't know what one is, take 3 forks, put them together, side by side and use that to stir and make your egg batter frothy at the top.
Kosher Cuisine http://cantormitch.com/