Write a review
- A packet of Kosher chicken breasts. They usually come 3 to a packet. We need 2 packets.
- A cooking hammer
- 6C flour
- 1/2 T salt
- 1T pepper
- 1T garlic powder
- 1T dry mustard
- 1T oregano
- 2 boxes mushrooms
- 2 bunches scallions
- 2 containers margarine
- 1 bottle marsala wine
- 2 oranges
- 2 C wild rice
- 6 C water
- A small packet of almond slivers
- 1st, take the chicken breasts out of the packet, and slice up the oranges and squeeze them, putting juice over breasts and let stand as a marinade for 10 minutes.
- Heat 6 C of water until boiling, then add wild rice. Turn heat to low and cover leaving a small portion of the top open. This should take around 15 to 20 minutes. Please check every 5 min or so, and stir.
- Slice the mushrooms and scallions into thin slices. Add 1/2 C margarine and sauté for 2 minutes. Drain liquid into a colander, saving the margarine and liquid.
- Next, pound 4 chicken breasts with a hammer.
- Then, mix your flour and spices. Set aside. Add the other 1/2 pint of margarine to the sauce pan and liquid, turn the heat up and start flouring the breasts!
- Cook the breasts on both sides until golden brown. Get a plate ready. Spoon out a helping of rice in the middle of the plate, add chicken to the top, then with your empty pan add 1/2 C of margarine, add mushrooms and scallions. Heat up, then add marsala wine and thicken with flour. Gently pour over chicken and rice then on the top add the sliced almonds.
Kosher Cuisine http://cantormitch.com/