Write a review
- 1 package Kosher chicken breasts
- 1pt of parve margarine or 2C olive oil - divided
- 2C flour
- ¼C bread crumbs
- 2T garlic powder
- 2T oregano
- 1t salt
- 1t Pepper
- 1 large package spinach
- 1 lemon
- 1/2C white wine
- As always when using Kosher chicken, it’s best to rinse the chicken in water to remove the excess salt from the Kashering process.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and gently pound each half until slightly flattened.
- In a sauté pan bring ½ pint parve margarine to a simmer.
- In a bowl mix flour, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Lightly dust the chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- Sauté until golden brown on both sides.
- Place the chicken to the side.
- In the same pan, add ¼ pt parve margarine and the spinach.
- Lightly sauté turning spinach around until the leaves are wilted.
- Remove the spinach from the pan and place on plates.
- Add ¼ stick parve margarine to the same pan.
- Add ½ C white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add 1-2t of the flour, salt, pepper and juice from the lemon.
- Wisk while simmering until sauce thickens.
- Place each chicken breast on top of a bed of spinach.
- Just before serving, spoon the sauce over the top of each breast.
- Serve with vegetable of your choice, rice or pasta.
Kosher Cuisine http://cantormitch.com/