Write a review
- 2lbs Kosher chicken breasts
- 1pt of parve margarine or 2 C canola oil - divided
- 2C flour
- ¼t C bread crumbs
- 1T garlic powder
- 1T sage
- 1t salt
- 1t Pepper
- ½C white wine
- ¼C apricot preserves
- ¼C diced dried apricots
- 1 piece of any citrus fruit (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit) for marinade
- Rinse chicken breasts with water and then marinate in the juice of an orange, lemon, lime or grapefruit for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut each breast in half and pound each piece until slightly flattened.
- In a bowl, mix flour, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a sauté pan, heat ½ pint parve margarine or 1C olive oil.
- Lightly dust the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the breasts from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the wine, apricot preserves and diced apricots.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add a little flour to thicken.
- To serve, spoon the mixture over the chicken.
- Garnish with pecans or walnuts.
- Serve with vegetable of your choice, rice or pasta
Kosher Cuisine http://cantormitch.com/